TOTA News.Net
FAQ Section
Alerts/Community Info.
FAQ Section
News & Events
Board of Directors
By-Laws - Table of Contents
MJF Associates & Committees
Association News
TOTA & PWC General Information
PWC Pet Rules & Regulations
Neighborhood Watch
Trash Rules & Procedures
Grounds Maintenance
Pool Information
Pool Forms
Approved Paint Colors
Animal Control Laws
Playgrounds and Recreation
Elected Officials' Info.


Frequently Asked Questions


Scroll down to find information on the following topics:

-Important Phone Numbers

-Architectural Violations

-Board of Directors

-Grounds Maintenance/Snow Removal

-Neighborhood Watch




-Security Detail




Important Phone Numbers:

Charlie & Son Trash Service = 703-670-9652

Dominion Power = 1-888-667-3000

MJF Associates = 703-369-6535

Non-Emergency PW Police = 703-792-6500

Dominion Wrecker Service (for towing): (703) 590-0994



Architectural Violations
I received a Violation in the mail, what now? 

The Violation was discovered by MJF Associates who has investigators patrol the community to ensure that everything is up to the TOTA standards.  On the Violation there will be a date by which you should complete any necessary repairs.  Once the repair is complete, call MJF and notify them.  At that point they will re-assess the violation and if it is in fact completed by the date on the violation, it will be closed. If it is not corrected/completed it will start accruing fines.  You may request an extension of time to complete the work.  You will be given a notification to be present at a Board meeting to explain why you need the extension.  If you don’t show, you don’t get the extension.  The fines keep accruing.  It is always best to keep the lines of communication open.  Just let MJF or the Board know what’s going on.   We are here to work with you.



What if I don’t fix the Violation?

If you do not comply you will be fined.  When the amount of the fine is over a certain $ value, a lien is placed against your house. You may request a hearing before that Board of Directors in which you can explain your situation.

The Board will then decide how much extra time will be given to you to correct your violation, if any at all.  If you do NOT correct the violation and the time the ARB allotted has expired, you will be charged $10 a DAY until that violation is corrected.

Board of Directors

Who is on the Board of Directors?

The Board is made up of homeowner’s within the community who volunteer their time to help make our neighborhood a better place to live. Anyone can volunteer for the Board or Committees, as long as they are in good standing in the community. The length of term for Board members is 3 years. The length of term for Officers (President, Vice President, Treasury and Secretary) is 1 year at which point they may be re-elected.  The current board is listed here:

Grounds Maintenance/ Snow Removal
Do I have to mow my grass?

Yes.  You are responsible for the upkeep of your yard as defined by the plot of land on which your home resides.  According to TOTA Architectural Standards, "Grass shall not exceed six [6] inches in height."


TOTA currently has a contract with Rankin to mow, weed, seed and generally maintain all of the common areas.  More information can be found here:


Snow Removal?

Rankin is also currently handling our Snow Removal.  Please note, some of the streets we live on/near are maintaned by the State.  We pay for Snow Removal on a case by case basis (a la carte).


Please remember, you are responsible for clearing off your sidewalk and the common side walk in front of your house.

Neighborhood Watch
Do we have a Neighborhood Watch?

Yes, we have recently re-started our program and we’re always looking for more volunteers to help. 


If you have an emergency, call 911.


If you ever encounter activity you feel may require the Police’s attention, do not hesitate to call the Non-Emergency number 703-792-6500.  When calling it is helpful to gather the following information:

-Car Make, Model, Color, Plates and distinguishing marks

-How many people involved, gender, race, clothes and description of activity

Do not put yourself in harm’s way.


There is more information available here on our website:

Where can I park?

Each home officially has 1 assigned parking space for Residents per the TOTA by-laws.  Some Residents may have 2 spaces allocated.  These assigned spots are marked with your home address number painted onto the curb.  You may only park in these spots. 

Where can my guests park?

There are several Guest parking spots throughout the neighborhood.  Guest spots are intended for GUESTS.  As a resident, please do not use them on a regular basis.


Additionally, street parking on Mayflower Dr. and Clipper Dr. is also available for guests.


Please have any Commercial Vehicles park on Clipper Dr.

Who can I call to have a car towed from my assigned space?

If a car is illegally parked in your assigned spot you may call RoadRunner Towing at 703-670-0400 to have it towed.





Are there any Playgrounds?

Yes.  More information can be found here:


Who can use the Pool?

Any TOTA member in good standing can use the Pool.  Good standing means that all dues have been paid to date.  Renters must secure a “waiver of pool rights” from the owner of the property, in order to get a pool pass.


Age restrictions are as follows:

-Any child 12 years of younger MUST be accompanied by a 16 year old or older

-If you are between 12-15 years old you may be unaccompanied IF YOU PASS THE SWIM TEST.


Do I need a Pass?

Yes, before the Pool season begins the board will hold several sessions in which you will have your picture taken and a Pass will be created.  When you visit the Pool the first time, they will hand over the Pass for you to keep.  Remember to bring it each time you visit the Pool to gain admittance. 


When is the Pool open?

Pool hours are 11: 00 am to 8:00pm daily.  While school is in session, the hours are 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday and normal hours on the weekends.


For more information regarding the Pool click here:

Security Detail

Do we have Security Guards?

Yes, they patrol on a varied schedule.  They are off-duty PWC law enforcement.  Again, please call the Non-Emergency PW Police number (703-792-6500) if you see the need. 

Do I have to have a trash can?

Yes, per the PWC Health Department policy that we are enforcing: Property code ordinance: Chapter 22 section III.

When can I put my trash can out for pick up?

You may set out your trash on Sunday and Wednesday nights after 6pm.  Trash cans must be put away in a timely fashion or fines will be assessed.


For more information regarding the Trash policy, click here:



Enter supporting content here